Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day

I planned on my next blog being about Create-A-Critter, but Mother's Day is upon us.  I made a bunch of cards over the last couple of days.  I was using sketches from the Operation Write Home website.  It was helpful since I had quite a few cards to do in a short period of time. 

I used sketch #6 for several cards, two are shown.
  
 I like that this card looks a lot like a view out of a window.

















I have concerns about mailing this card.  It is fairly thick and I just never know if the flowers will still look nice by the time it arrives.  However, I really like the soft colors.  I know it does not look like a Mother's Day card, but there is a Mother's Day sentiment printed inside. 


Then I used sketch #12 for two others.  I really liked the bow with the wide organdy ribbon, but I am never sure how it will arrive when mailed.  I always chicken out and do a simple ribbon with a knot like the second one.  I also wanted to experiment with the much smaller sentiment.

The last two were sketch #42 and #48.  I changed both of those sketches a bit, but stayed with the spirit, I think. 

I think this card is my favorite of all my Mother's Day cards.  It is clean, but feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment