Saturday, March 2, 2013

A little of what I have been doing this week

I just wanted to post some cards I have been working on for the last week or so. 
 
This boat is a digi from Paula at OWH.  I really liked it so I decided to put it on a card.  I decided that I wanted to use the twine as "rope" and looked up a sailor's knot online.  I used three strands of twine for each half of the knot.  I could not make the knot and the digi to work together.  I kept trying different papers for the background and kept switching back and forth from portrait to landscape.  I looked at several different sentiments and finally got my layout when I pulled out the Big Hugs stamp.  I grouped the three items together to make a unified focal point and added the blue layers to the digi and the sentiment.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out. 
 
 
A New Paper Pad
I have just started trying to work my way through a 12 x 12 paper stack.  I did not buy this pad and likely would not have purchased it since I usually look for smaller patterns.  It is a bit of a challenge, but I am enjoying it.  I am also working on putting two patterned papers together on one card.  I generally do not do it, but often enjoy the cards that others prepare with two patterned papers.  I am also working on the using the bonus sketches as well.  So here are the three I recently prepared.

 
In the sketch it is a landscape card, but I did not have a sentiment to do that. 
 

 
With this card, I liked that I was able to use a cardstock that I rarely use as the card base.  I found the placement of the sentiment somewhat hard, but I like how it turned out in the end. 
 

 
 
I had some fun with this card.  I guess the strawberries just really worked for me.
 
Thanks for taking a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment