Sunday, March 31, 2013

Finally, #144 and a Few Others

Well, I finally got that last OWH sketch from the 140s done.  Yeah!  So here it is and four others. 

 
This is OWH Sketch #144.  I had to tweak the sketch a bit to make it work, but I like it.  I am also putting this on the blog for the stripes challenge in the OWH Midweek Throwdown from March 27, 2013.  This is yet another critter and sentiment from Clear Dollar Stamps Cute Critters collection.  I printed it already colored.  I cut it our with a Spellbinders Petite Ovales die and layered it with Recollections Primary Pin Dot paper cut with a Spellbinders Petite Scalloped die.  The primary card layer is a Metallic white cardstock embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder.  The black and white stripe paper is from my paper stash.  The sentiment and the sentiment layer are cut with the Spellbinders Grommet Tags and attached with baker's twine from We R Memory Keepers.  I used Glossy Accents to make the raindrops pop a little bit.  I was happy to see that the raindrops shined a bit in the picture, so you can see it.
 
 
 
This card is not from any sketch.  However, I think it follows the rule of thirds from the March OWH Design Bootcamp pretty well.  I recently purchased the Inkadinkado Stamping Gear that allows me to stamp in a circle or oval evenly over and over with the same stamp.  I am having fun learning how to use it.  I made this "flower" and fussy cut around it, but it was just too big to put on a card.  I struggled for a while, but then realized that if I just took part of it off the card, it would really help.  The Inkadinkado stamp is from the Branches set.  The polka dot paper is from Recollections Primary Pin Dot 4.5" x 6.5" paper pack.  The dark cardstock layer and the white cardstock for the sentiment are from my paper stash.  The sentiment is from TPC Studio Greetings clear stamps and I cut it out with the Spellbinders Grommet Tags die.  Both ribbons are from Celebrate It.  The glitter dot in the center of the flower is from the Kathy Davis Happiness glitter epoxy dot stickers.  I was really happy to find these because it is nice to put something glittery on a card without it being a problem for our brave soldiers.  I have no idea where I got the itty bitty brads, but I love them. 
 
 
The next three cards use paper from the DCWV The Letterpress Stack.
 
 
This picture is quite poor, but I just could not get it right.  The flowers and the ribbon are both a bright coral color.  I really liked the base card print and I was looking for something to add to it, so I used the this print with the coral flowers.  I added a layer of white cardstock between the two prints.  Then I added this cute ribbon from Spool o' Ribbon and accented the flower centers with pearls from Recollections. 
 
 
 
I really liked this dandelion from the paper stack, but it was so close to the side that I could not get a Spellbinders die around it.  Of course, then I realized that I did not need that, so I used the Spellbinders Picot Edge Circle die intentionally taking it off the side.  Then I used a smaller of the same die set and cut our a partial circle in the red-orange paper from the same stack.  The criss-cross paper from the same stack has both the red-orange and orange so I put that behind the circles.  I cut out a slightly smaller circle in white and stamped it with the heart from Hampton Art Cupcakes and the sentiment from Stampendous Perfectly Clear Stamps Sunny Swirls.  The three metallic dots from Heidi Grace add just the right finishing touch. 
 

 
This is OWH Sketch #165.  This also is part of the OWH Midweek Throwdown for March 13, 2013.  It uses three papers from the DCWV stack, including the leaves, criss-cross and the solid blue.  The edger is from Fiskars.  The ribbons are all Spool o' Ribbon and the green strip under the cream ribbon is cardstock from my paper stash.  I really liked how this card came together. 
 
Well, that is it for now.  Hope you had a blessed Easter.  He is risen.  He is risen indeed!


1 comment:

  1. Nice job with your Bootcamp card Jessi. I have seen that Inkadinkadoo Stamping Gear tool but this is the first time I've seen it in use. What a neat effect and I like how you let it 'bleed' off the top corner. You still see almost the entire piece and it actually adds interest and movement the way it seems to 'burst' out of the corner. Thanks for joining in the March Bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete