Sunday, March 3, 2013

Two More OWH Challenges

Today I put together two cards for OWH challenges:

 
Our Daily Bread has challenges each month on Operation Write Home.  The March challenge only requires the use of scallops on the card.  I thought this little pup was cute and it worked great on one of the OWH Bonus sketches.  It has a 4.5 inch square card base with a circle sticking up above.  I had never tried a card like that before.  I tried to go fairly simple, but before I put the pearls around the scalloped circle it was just boring.
 
 
 
The sketch challenge for today on OWH seemed easy, but my first try went badly.  I think this one is fairly cute.  The colors are bold and bright.  The little blue bows may be a bit much, but I like them.
 
I would appreciate your comments.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Adore the dog card...what a cutie! I make need to try something like that! Love your dps on the second card. The bows are a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two darling cards. I don't think your bows are too much. I think they are a delightful additions to this already sweet card. And speaking of sweet - - - what a sweet face on that puppy in your ODBD card. It's good that you didn't add a sentiment because this card can be used for any number of occasions. Two winners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Donna. I don't think the bows are too much either. Especially since they bring in the color you have as a border. It's perfect. You rocked Sketch #162... :)

    ReplyDelete