Sunday, March 17, 2013

Starting the 140s

Well, now that I have done all of the OWH Sketches in the 150s and 160s (to date), I am going to work my way back by tens.  If I start at one it seems to daunting, but when I do just ten at a time, I feel like I can actually accomplish it.  I have already completed seven of the ten, but I will just talk about three of them here.

 
This is OWH Sketch #140.  I used a digi from the Clear Dollar Stamps Classic Cars set and one from the Clear Dollar Stamps Classic Car Sentiments set.  I colored it with colored pencils and mounted them both on cardstock from my paper stash.  I love this patterned paper and the shimmer paper as well, but neither of them have any info on them.  I just got this Cuttlebug folder called gear box.  I saw it on someone's card on the OWH Star and Stamps blog and had to find it.  Thank you Amazon... I think it will go really well with all of my car cards.
 

 
This is OWH Sketch #141.  Yet another of the Clear Dollar Stamps Cute Critters digis.  I had purchased the actual clear stamps a while back.  I kept telling myself that I did not need the digis, but finally gave in.  I love being able to size the digis to exactly what I want.  Not to mention, sometimes, it is nice to just have it all done without needing to color it.  The sentiment is from the same digi set.  The four cardstock colors are from the Recollections Preppy Beach pack.  Both of the embossing folders are from The Paper Studio, sold at Hobby Lobby.  The small hearts embossing folder is landscape, so I usually cannot use it on a portrait card.  However, since the strip goes all the way across it, I was able to just emboss the top and bottom and ignore where the strip would cover.  The brad is from a set I bought years ago and the green dots are from Heidi Grace.  I really like this card.  It is clean and sharp.

 
This is OWH Sketch #142.  I have not information about the digi or the paper.  The paper has been in my stash for years.  I was trying to find a digi to use for this sketch.  The sketch shows a decorative edge where the sentiment is, but I did not find a digi I wanted to use.  Once I picked this digi, animal print paper seemed like the obvious choice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment