Sunday, March 10, 2013

What a Hoot!

Well, hello again with my chronicles of cardmaking.  I was trying to figure out what to do with Sketch #155.  I was really struggling because I am working through the sketches in order (starting at 150) and trying to follow the sketches very closely, just as a challenge.   I found some adorable owl digis at Clear Dollar Stamps and my mojo kicked in.  I made two cards yesterday and I just love them.  I hope you will, too.

 
This is OHW Sketch #155. I am also going to add it to the links for the midweek throwdown because it has an blue, an oval and embossing.  I was borrowing one of my mom's embossing folders that looks like wood, made by The Paper Studio.  I thought that would be a great background for my card.  I embossed it and inked the result with a brown ink pad.  Then I cut out the oval with a Spellbinders die to create a window.  I hand cut the branch and colored it a bit with the same brown ink pad and a colored pencil.  I also hand cut the green foliage, using three different colored cardstock papers.  The digis and sentiment are from Clear Dollar Stamps Hoot Hoots digital images.  It came with outline drawings as well as colored images.  I actually printed the colored images and cut them out.   
 

 
This is OWH Sketch #156.  As you can see, it has another cute owl and sentiment from the Clear Dollar Stamps Hoot Hoots digital images.  You cannot tell from the picture, but I printed it twice and put an extra layer on the claws with mini Glue Dots and an extra layer on the beak, glasses and eyes with foam.  The pearls at the bottom and on the eyes are from recollections and the embossing folder is Turkish by The Paper Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment