Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mr. Spike and Others

Well, here I am again with some more cards.  I am really enjoying digis.  I love the flexibility that they offer in size.  I also love that I do not have to find another place to store them.

Wondering why the title is Mr. Spike?  Well, I will show you.  I did not name him, but it seems about right to me.

 
This is OWH Sketch #159.  That sketch was just made for Mr. Spike.  The digi set from Clear Dollar Stamps is called Mr. Spike and the bone paper, main picture and the sentiment are all from this set.  It was pre-colored with the red collar, so I decided to just go red for the whole card.  The bakers twine is from We R Memory Keepers.
 

 
This is OWH Sketch #160.  I really liked the look of the sketch was was having a hard time figuring out what to put where the sentiment it.  I finally decided to go with this digi from Paula S. at http://paulaposts.blogspot.com/.  She has some lovely digis available.  I had already printed this for a card I never made so I had to alter some of the sketch measurements.  The printed papers are from a K & Company stack called Sheer Simplicity Warm.  The yellow cardstock is from Recollections Jewel cardstock paper pack.  The brad is BoBunny iCandy.  The  grosgrain ribbon is from Celebrate It.  I have never put a brad and ribbon together like this before.  Sandy has some great tips a video in the tutorial on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog from yesterday, March 12, 2013.
 
 
 
This is OWH Sketch #161.  I really like the colors of paper in the Recollections Preppy Beach paper pack.  I wanted to use the peach papers, so I decided to just use black with them.  I stamped the flowers with a ditto cling stamp and embossed it in black.  Then used two different Spellbinders dies to make the ovals.  I tried just two layers on the strip below the ovals, but it would not work, so I put all three colors together.  It seemed to work.  I embossed the background paper with the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls folder.  I tried adding ribbon to the strip, but I could not make that work.  It was just distracting, so I ended up adding three black metallic dots from Heidi Grace to the top right corner.  That helped balance out the card.
 
Well, I will likely have a couple more cards for you tomorrow.  Come on back and see.
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on all of these Jessi! Spike is adorable and I can totally relate to why you like using digi images... stamp images often seem to be just a bit too big or small for what I am picturing and running out of storage space is a major issue for me. Glad you found my free digis too. Enjoy using them!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team

    ReplyDelete