Saturday, March 2, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge

The OWH Midweek Throwdown had a challenge to follow a recipe for a card. 

The recipe is to use:
 
1 Embossing Folder
1 Border Punch or Die
2 Patterned Papers
1 Ribbon or Twine
 
Here is what I did.
 
 
I used two different colors of the same print on the pinwheel, which felt made it easier to combine, two patterned papers and an embossed design.  I prefer to have one rounded corner on each part of the pinwheel.  In order to keep the pinwheel as the focal point I popped it on foam and tried to limit the color in the bottom section of the card.  I had considered lacing the ribbon through the punched strip, but I felt that the accent was too great and competed with the pinwheel.
 
Hope you like it.  Thanks for looking.


1 comment:

  1. I like your fancy pinwheel. The colors you used are great! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete