Thursday, March 7, 2013

Five new cards

Well, I have been working on some cards.  One fits into an OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge so I will link it.

 
The Gnome Sweet Gnome card is just fun.  I just got this Recollections Garden Gnome stamp set.  I wanted to try it out and this is what I came up with.  I stamped the butterfly directly onto the parchment paper since I did not think I could cut it out.  I also added some glossy accents to the wings and body.  I cut the sentiment out with Spellbinders wonky squares.  The other three items, the gnome, flower field and bird, I cut out after coloring.  I am really working on coloring;  I use colored pencils and am working on shading. 
 
 
The rest of the cards are based on OWH Sketches.

 
This is OWH sketch #152.  I have had a Martha Stewart Heart and Flower Clear Stamps set for a long time, but yesterday is the first time I have used them.  Both of the plaid circles are stamped on.   I really enjoyed stamping the circle and then cutting it with a Spellbinders scalloped circle.  It is always nice when something actually works out the way you plan.  The "Love You" sentiment is from TPC Studio Whimsy Greetings Clear Stamps.  I am finding this set even more versatile since I have started stamping parts of the sentiments separately.  What I mean by that is this sentiment is just one line on the stamp.  However, when I stamped it, I just stamped the "Love" on one line then stamped just the "You" as a second line.  It gives me a lot more flexibility with the stamps I have.  The last thing I added to the card was the pearls (also Recollections).  The card needed a little oomph and the pearls seem to pull the card together.
 

 
This is OWH Sketch #150.  This is my least favorite of the five cards in this post.  However, it happens to fulfill the Midweek Throwdown.  The challenge requires us to use three of nine possible elements on one card.  The three elements included in this card are tags, oval shape and embossing.  The yellow is embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile folder.  The sentiment on the tag is one of the great new stamps I won as blog candy from Donna in the Presidents Day Virtual Card Making Party. (Thank you, Donna!)  The stamps are the My Favorite Things Clearly Sentimental About Love set.  The flowers on the oval are from Inkadinkado Flourishes.  I am not happy with how this turned out.  I think if I had either added a layer behind the oval or inked the edges it would have helped a lot.  I will keep that in mind for future cards. 
 
 
 
This is OWH Sketch #151.  I think this may be my favorite of the sketch cards.  The colors on the card are actually a bit cheerier than in the picture.  The large polka dots are actually embossed into the paper.  I really like this paper.  I don't know why, but it is cute.  I embossed the cream paper with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder and then inked the dots.  Then I used the previously mentioned Martha Stewart clear stamps set for the plaid hearts and embossed them with gold embossing powder.  I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut and emboss around the hearts and popped them on foam dots. 
 

 
This is OWH bonus sketch #18.  I chose this sketch to try to use a new border punch that I received as a gift.  I was unable to use the punch for the card, but I liked the final product anyway. 
 
Hope you like some of these cards.  Let me know, good and bad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment