Saturday, March 16, 2013

Finishing Out the 150s Plus One More

Well, as I mentioned in a previous post, I have been working through the OWH sketches 150 through 159.  I have last two in today's post plus the most recent sketch #163.


 
This is OWH Sketch #157.  I am working on combining patterned papers on one card.  This card includes three different patterned papers.  The pink on the top and bottom are from K & Company Sheer Simplicity Warm.  The center pink paper is from the Colorbok Patterned Paper Pack - Bright.  The patterned taupe and solid taupe colored paper came from the K & Company Sheer Simplicity Neutral pad.  The solid pink is from my paper stash.  The butterfly is from a Recollections stamp set that has butterflies and flowers.  I stamped it on the pink paper and embossed it with Recollections opaque embossing powder in plum for texture and shine.  I stamped the Thinking of you from the TPC Studio Whimsy Greeting Clear Stamps set directly on the taupe printed paper.  Then I found that I did not have any coordinating ribbon to divide the butterfly and sentiment,  I did not realize the color would be so hard to match.  Instead I stamped a "ribbon" from the Fiskars "borders" Clear Stamps set.
 

 
This is OWH Sketch #158.  The polka dot paper is from a Heidi Grace 8x8 paper pad.  The solid tangerine paper is the pack of the polka dot paper.  The solid light lavender cardstock and the butterfly cardstock are from my paper stash.  The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Clearly Sentimental About Love clear stamp set.  The clear rhinestones are from Me & My Big ideas.  The hearts were made with the very smallest of the heart dies in the Spellbinders classic hearts set.  I did not emboss them, because on such a small heart the embossing looks a bit odd.  I almost forgot, the love love love, etc. on the bottom cardstock strip is from the Fiskars "borders" Clear Stamps set.
 
 
 
This is OHW Sketch #163.  Once again I am using the Hoot Hoots digi set from Clear Dollar Stamps.  I just love that I can re-size them.  I wanted to set up the owls so they looked like they were holding  hands, or wings.  I printed them colored, so I used the color scheme from the owls.  I cut them out using the Spellbinders Labels Twelve, excluding the wings from the cuts.  I liked the rose quartz colored shimmer linen textured cardstock (Gemstones) for behind the owls.  It helps to set off the owls without putting them on foam.  I actually put mini glue dots between the "hands" of the owls to also give a little definition without making the card too thick.  The mint colored grosgrain ribbon is from Celebrate It Basic Narrows.  I don't know who makes the light green plaid paper, but it is no longer sold at the local Joann's where I originally bought it.
 
Well, that is my three for today.  I actually have several more cards to show you, but I will put them in an additional post.  Thanks for looking!
 

1 comment:

  1. OMG...all three cards are outstanding! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete